Azure DevOps Server (formerly Visual Studio Team Foundation Server) is a project management and version control application for software development teams. It's typically deployed in organizations with several developers who need to collaborate on one or more projects.
This offer provides one server license for running one instance of the server software in one physical or virtual operating system environment on a single server. Each user or device that connects to the server must have a Azure DevOps Server user or device client access license (CAL). See TechSoup Asia's Guide to Microsoft Server Licensing for more information.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have an experienced software development team, you can use Azure DevOps Server to plan work, collaborate on code development, and build and deploy applications.
Azure DevOps provides integrated features that you can access through your web browser or integrated development environment (IDE) client. You can use one or more of the following services based on your business needs.
- Azure Repos provides Git repositories or Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) for source control of your code.
- Azure Pipelines provides build and release services to support continuous integration and delivery of your apps.
- Azure Boards delivers a suite of Agile tools to support planning and tracking work, code defects, and issues using Kanban and Scrum methods.
- Azure Test Plans provides several tools to test your apps, including manual or exploratory testing and continuous testing.
- Azure Artifacts allows your teams to share Maven, npm, and NuGet packages from public and private sources and integrate package sharing into your continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines.
For a complete list of features and services, see the Azure DevOps Server website.
This Software Included with Visual Studio Products
If your organization has received a donation of a Visual Studio product through TechSoup Asia, you will probably not need to request Azure DevOps Server. The Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscription that is bundled with Visual Studio editions available through TechSoup Asia provides a server license for Azure DevOps Server and one CAL.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Asia after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Asia to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.